Pour pouvoir garder le contact de Février 2006 à Mars 2007, je vous invite à consulter mon modeste journal de bord, afin de partager avec vous mon expérience au Rwanda...

03 mars 2006

To the people Down-under !

Dear friends and family,

I heard that some of you visit this website from time to time and I wanted to thank you for that. I’m sure that you’ve been kept informed of my whereabouts thanks to family lobbying…!

Life is good here in Kigali, Rwanda !!! I’ve been here for more than 2 weeks now and if I’m still trying to adjust and adapt to this new life, it’s already an amazing experience.

Work is on its way, mainly HIV AIDS prevention through sport and play activities designed specifically for street kids and orphans. It’s very very interesting, challenging at times but really needed here. And I think (I hope) it’s effective and useful.

I share a very nice house (see pictures) with some of my colleagues on one of the many hills of Kigali. Rwanda is a beautiful country with a fascinating culture and history. I can’t wait to get out of the City again (I went to Kibuye, on the shores of Lac Kivu, last week) and to visit the different cities and National Parks of this rather small country (very very small compared to Australia…!).

Hope all is good Down-under, I’ll try to post a note in English every now and then.

All the best from the country of the Thousand Hills…!