Pour pouvoir garder le contact de Février 2006 à Mars 2007, je vous invite à consulter mon modeste journal de bord, afin de partager avec vous mon expérience au Rwanda...

19 avril 2006

Little note from Kigali

G’day from Rwanda !!!

I thought it was about time that I post a note in English for my friends and relatives in Australia or Germany (Hi Johann and Karina !)

I know that some of you visit this blog from time to time and I would like to thank you for that ! I would also like to thank those of you who have sent me very kind messages in the last few weeks, I’m sorry I haven’t been able to respond yet but I’ll do my best ! Until then, this is the easiest way for me to communicate with you !

So… Two months already in Rwanda !!! I find it hard to believe sometimes… Life is good here. Work is very interesting, quite challenging and exhausting but also very fulfilling. Kigali is a very pleasant city and I’ve started to make friends and to go out more. I was also able to travel a bit in the country and see some amazing landscapes, the ones that you imagine when you think of Rwanda, midst in the mountains covered in tea plantations… It’s a great feeling I have to say to be in the heart of Africa. I’m hoping to visit the countries of the region, Burundi, Democratic Republic of Congo and Uganda. Lots to do and to see there !

Of course, it’s not all nice and pretty. It’s sometimes very demanding, it’s sometimes very emotional but what an experience…
Last week was Memorial week for the 1994 genocide. Very particular atmosphere in the country, tensed, sad of course, resentful sometimes towards certain people, nationalities…

A whole group of Aussies have arrived in town ! Don’t know what they’re here for but it’s funny to hear a good old Australian accent in restaurants ! I’ve missed it ! I hope I’ll be able to visit before too long but it seems a bit too expensive to get there from here…

Got to go but hope to read you soon !

All the best from the beautiful Rwanda, where God is supposed to come every night to sleep in its mountains… Could be true actually !